Dr. Lawrence Britt has examined the fascist regimes of Hitler (Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain), Suharto (Indonesia) and several Latin American regimes. He found 14 defining characteristics common to each:
1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism – Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.
2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights – Because of fear of enemies and the need for security, the people in fascist regimes are persuaded that human rights can be ignored in certain cases because of “need.” The people tend to look the other way or even approve of torture, summary executions, assassinations, long incarcerations of prisoners, etc.
3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause – The people are rallied into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate a perceived common threat or foe: racial, ethnic or religious minorities; liberals; communists; socialists, terrorists, etc.
4. Supremacy of the Military – Even when there are widespread domestic problems, the military is given a disproportionate amount of government funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected. Soldiers and military service are glamorized.
5. Rampant Sexism – The governments of fascist nations tend to be almost exclusively male-dominated. Under fascist regimes, traditional gender roles are made more rigid. Divorce, abortion and homosexuality are suppressed and the state is represented as the ultimate guardian of the family institution.
6. Controlled Mass Media – Sometimes to media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives. Censorship, especially in war time, is very common.
7. Obsession with National Security – Fear is used as a motivational tool by the government over the masses.
8. Religion and Government are Intertwined – Governments in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion. Religious rhetoric and terminology is common from government leaders, even when the major tenets of the religion are diametrically opposed to the government’s policies or actions.
9. Corporate Power is Protected – The industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist nation often are the ones who put the government leaders into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite.
10. Labor Power is Suppressed – Because the organizing power of labor is the only real threat to a fascist government, labor unions are either eliminated entirely, or are severely suppressed.
11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts – Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open hostility to higher education, and academia. It is not uncommon for professors and other academics to be censored or even arrested. Free expression in the arts and letters is openly attacked.
12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment – Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.
13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption – Fascist regimes almost always are governed by groups of friends and associates who appoint each other to government positions and use governmental power and authority to protect their friends from accountability. It is not uncommon in fascist regimes for national resources and even treasures to be appropriated or even outright stolen by government leaders.
14. Fraudulent Elections – Sometimes elections in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other times elections are manipulated by smear campaigns against or even assassination of opposition candidates, use of legislation to control voting numbers or political district boundaries, and manipulation of the media. Fascist nations also typically use their judiciaries to manipulate or control elections.
Any questions, America?
NO MORE LEFT. NO MORE RIGHT. TIME TO UNITE. STAND AND FIGHT!
Tag: #corporatefascism, #fascism, #fascist, #fascists, #ows, #worldwarweb, #vvvpr
We sometimes use links shortened with http://tinyurl.com to so they don’t break in emails. If you actually think we would use them to cloak phishing or malware, open them with this: http://longurl.org. We also want to thank the web design miami beach, web designer miami beach and web developer miami beach who support our efforts.
World War Web Advisory #5: CyberWar: First SOPA/PIPA/PCIPA/S2105, Now HR2096/HR3523/HR3674/S1152/S2111
With NDAA 2012 in place and EEA in process to control its citizens, and HR 658 enabling DHS WAASS Skynet drones to surveil the skies, America’s corporate-controlled Congress now shifts its focus to fast-tracking cyberfascism.
Sections 1021 and 1022 of the National Defense Authorization Act For Fiscal Year 2012 (NDAA: Public Law No: 112-81) codify the executive (civilian agency e.g. CIA/DHS/FBI) authority to arrest and hold indefinitely without charge or trial American citizens – indefinite detention – as claimed by Presidents Bush and Obama pursuant to the post-9/11 Authorization for Use of Military Force Act (AUMF: Public Law 107-40), and add to that authority the “option” of military detention as well. And although President Obama assured in his signing statement that his administration would refrain from exercising their military options, Presidential signing statements are merely political documents with no force of law or penalty for breach. Besides, once the Enemy Expatriation Act is passed (EEA: HR 3166/S 1698), should an American citizen’s rights become an obstacle our government will be able to simply revoke their citizenship (naturalized OR native born):
With NDAA in place and EEA in process to control the citizenry on the ground, the corporate fascist elite that controls our government and others next looked to secure the skies. They accomplished that on Valentines Day, when their puppet President Obama signed HR 658 into law and thereby authorized the release of up to 30,000 drones into American air space and enabled the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Wide Area Aerial Surveillance System (WAASS) – a “1984 Meets Terminator” Big Brother Skynet domestic surveillance nightmare that we could not end:
So with the real world firmly under their control, our corporate fascist masters now look to dominate the virtual. And in eager pursuit of that aim, the otherwise seemingly gridlocked Democrats and Republicans in our House and Senate have been showering each other with wave after wave of bipartisan support for so-called “anti-piracy”, “anti-pornography”, “cyber crime”, “cyber intelligence” and “cyber security” bills which taken together put us on a global fast-track to “cyber fascism”. In our previous advisories we warned you about the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), Protect IP Act (PIPA), Protecting Children from Internet Pornographers Act (PCIPA), and the recently-unveiled Cybersecurity Act of 2012 (S 2105). To that laundry list of Orwellian euphemisms and acronyms – some of which have been delayed, but NONE of which are dead – we now add five more bills you’d be wise to track:
H.R. 3523: Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011
H.R. 3674: PRECISE Act of 2011
S. 1152: Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2011
S. 2111: Cyber Crime Protection Security Act
NO MORE LEFT. NO MORE RIGHT. TIME TO UNITE. STAND AND FIGHT!
( Cyberwar Hype Fuelling A Cybersecurity Industrial Complex )
Tag: #sopa, #pipa, #pcip, #pcipa, #h2096, #h3523, #h3674, #s1152, #s2105, #s2111, #cybersecurity, #cyberwar, #ows, #worldwarweb, #vvvpr
We sometimes use links shortened with http://tinyurl.com to so they don’t break in emails. If you actually think we would use them to cloak phishing or malware, open them with this: http://longurl.org. We also want to thank the web designs mobile, web designers mobile and web developers mobile who support our efforts.