NDAA 2012 Codified Indefinite Detention. Now NDAA 2013 Legalizes Domestic Propaganda.
America’s two-party tyranny has authorized endless wars, warrantless surveillance, homeland drones and indefinite detention. Now they’re legalizing the Big Lie.
NDAA 2012 CODIFIED INDEFINITE DETENTION. NOW NDAA 2013 LEGALIZES DOMESTIC PROPAGANDA.
What the Democrats and Republicans agree on is far more damaging and dangerous than the wedge issues on which they supposedly don’t. We saw that last year with the enactment of Public Law 112-81, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 (NDAA 2012), which had bipartisan sponsorship and sailed through both House and Senate with overwhelming bipartisan majority support. Now acceleratedly close on its heels comes H.R. 4310, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 (NDAA 2013), which glided through the House with broad bipartisan support on May 18 and is now in the hands of the Senate:
Attached to that bill is a bipartisan-sponsored amendment summarized as follows:
“Amendment No. 114 – Reps. Thornberry (R-TX) and Smith (D-WA): The amendment would amend the United States Information and Educational Exchange Act of 1948 (known as the Smith-Mundt Act) and the Foreign Relations Authorization Act, Fiscal Years 1986 and 1987 to clarify the authorities of the Department of State and the Broadcasting Board of Governors to prepare, disseminate and use public diplomacy information [propaganda] abroad and to strike the current ban on domestic dissemination of such material. The amendment would clarify that the Smith-Mundt Act’s provisions related to public diplomacy information [propaganda] do not apply to other federal departments or agencies (including the DoD).”
The full text of the amendment is assumed to be H.R. 5736, euphemistically labelled the “Smith Mundt Modernization Act of 2013″. You can read that here:
This amendment legalizes what many think the government has been doing for years anyway: using false propaganda to influence the decisions and control the minds of its own citizens. According to Buzzfeed:
“The tweak to the bill would essentially neutralize two previous acts – the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948 and Foreign Relations Authorization Act in 1987 – that had been passed to protect U.S. audiences from our own government’s misinformation campaigns… The new law would give sweeping powers to the government to push television, radio, newspaper, and social media onto the U.S. public. ‘It removes the protection for Americans,’ says a Pentagon official who is concerned about the law. ‘It removes oversight from the people who want to put out this information. There are no checks and balances. No one knows if the information is accurate, partially accurate, or entirely false…’ Critics of the bill point out that there was rigorous debate when Smith Mundt passed, and the fact that this is so ‘under the radar,’ as the Pentagon official puts it, is troubling… The evaporation of Smith-Mundt and other provisions to safeguard U.S. citizens against government propaganda campaigns is part of a larger trend within the diplomatic and military establishment… In December, the Pentagon used software to monitor the Twitter debate over Bradley Manning’s pre-trial hearing; another program being developed by the Pentagon would design software to create ‘sock puppets’ on social media outlets [such as Facebook, Twitter and online forums]; and, last year, General William Caldwell, deployed an information operations team under his command that had been trained in psychological operations to influence visiting American politicians to Kabul.”
DemandProgress.org asserts that “The NDAA amendment legalizing mass propaganda campaigns would remove all distinction between a hostile foreign audience and American one, turning the massive information operation apparatus within the federal government against its own people.” They offer yet another online petition/email campaign to oppose it, but many consider such initiatives to be impotent slacktivism:
Our rapidly accelerating descent into Orwellian police-state fascism will not be stopped or even slowed by signing one online petition or one thousand. And it won’t be reversed at the ballot box, because voting either Democrat or Republican keeps the same corporate-controlled oligopoly in power, and voting any other way is at best an act of defiance:
Our only solution is to take to the streets and quickly – before the drones overhead control our every move, and the droning of TVs and flickering of monitors our every thought.
NO MORE LEFT. NO MORE RIGHT. TIME TO UNITE. STAND AND FIGHT!
Related Video: http://www.openfilm.com/videos/psywar
Show Your Support: https://www.wepay.com/donate/ironboltbruce
Tag: #ndaa, #ndaa2013, #ndaa#2012, #hr4310, #hr5736, #indefinitedetention, #domesticpropaganda, #brainwashing, #bigbrother, #biglie, #mindcontrol, #psyops, #psywar, #bushbamney, #demopublicans, #democrats, #obama, #republicans, #romney, #sheeple, #fascism, #fascists, #kleptocracy, #occupywallst, #occupy, #ows, #vvvpr
Key: ndaa, ndaa 2013, ndaa 2012, hr4310, h.r.4310, hr 4310, h.r. 4310, hr5736, h.r.5736, hr 5736, h.r. 5736, national defense authorization act, smith mundt modernization act, indefinite detention, domestic propaganda, brainwashing, big brother, big lie, mind control, psyops, psywar, bushbamney, demopublicans, democrats, republicans, sheeple, fascism, fascists, kleptocracy, occupy wall street, ows, vvv pr
This document may contain links shortened using http://tinyurl.com to facilitate emailing. If you are concerned we might use them to cloak phishing or malware, we recommend you open them with this: http://longurl.org. Also our thanks to the website designs miami beach, website designers miami beach and website developers miami beach that support our efforts.
- 6/6: PLS tweet Senate Armd Svcs Cmte Members & Demand Repeal of #AUMF 2001: @DavidVitter @RoyBlunt @SenMikeLee 1 month ago
- 5/6: PLS tweet Senate Armd Svcs Cmte Members & Demand Repeal of #AUMF 2001: @SaxbyChambliss @SenatorWicker @KellyAyotte @SenatorFischer 1 month ago
- 4/6: PLS tweet Senate Armd Svcs Cmte Members & Demand Repeal of #AUMF 2001: @SenAngusKing @jiminhofe @SenTedCruz @SenatorSessions 1 month ago
- 3/6: PLS tweet Senate Armd Svcs Cmte Members & Demand Repeal of #AUMF 2001: @SenBlumenthal @SenDonnelly @maziehirono @timkaine 1 month ago
- 2/6: PLS tweet Senate Armd Svcs Cmte Members & Demand Repeal of #AUMF 2001: @SenatorHagan @Sen_JoeManchin @SenatorShaheen @SenGillibrand 1 month ago
Corporate Greed Chronicles
- AUMF Hunger Strike Enters Day 50
- Boston Marathon Scare: Our Terrorism Abroad Washes Back Ashore
- AUMF Hunger Strike Enters 15th Day
- Authorization for Use of Military Force … On YOU
- “The 99%” Redefined: 99 Percent of Americans Know Little About the Dangers of AUMF 2001 & NDAA 2012
- AUMF Hunger Strike Called to Demand Repeal of 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force
- AUMF 2001 Imperial Presidency Is The Disease. NDAA 2012 Indefinite Detention Is Only One Symptom.
- AUMF: Authorization for Use of Military Force For Grandparents
- Repeal AUMF Now! 16 Slides To Show You Why. 16 Steps To Tell You How.
- Repeal AUMF: H.R. 198 Repeal of the Authorization for Use of Military Force
- NDAA 2013: Drones, Permanent War And Indefinite Detention Without Charge Or Trial For American Citizens On American Soil
- Time Magazine Selects Mass Murderer As Person Of The Year 2012
- Gun Control? Let’s Make That Weapons Control.
- 2012 Voter Guide for Demopublicans and Republicrats
- Trapwire: Spying On YOU. Predicting YOUR Moves.
- Parents of Multi-Chem Marketing Coordinator In Fight Against Halliburton Fracking?
- NDAA 2012 Update: Odrona Demands Dismissal Of Section 1021 Injunction
- Dissent Without Permission: Will Protest Permits & Free Speech Zones Halt Or Hasten Rebellion?
- Multi-Chem: Less Bragging About Fracking?
- Divide and Conquer in America – 2012! (A Poem of Protest by a 74-Year-Old Great-Grandmother)
- World War Web Advisory #8: Odrona The Indefinite Detainer Issues Internet Executive Order (#EPCF)
- Multi-Chem & The Insanity Of Letting The Frackers Do It Again
- Project Mayhem 2012: Re-Evolution Or New Age Ghost Dance?
- Who Benefits from Obamacare? Democrats, Republicans & the Corporations that Control Both Parties.
- SCOTUS Obamacare Decision Makes Individual Mandate A Fact & Universal Healthcare Coverage A Fiction
- Many American Bikers Suffer From Sensenbrenner Syndrome. Do You?
- Baluchistan: Next Stop In Corporate Fascist Amerika’s War-For-Profit Tour?
- TPP FTA (TPPA): Trans-Pacific Partnership Free Trade Agreement Subordinates Nations (And People) To Corporations
- Undeserved: Bushbamney’s Nobel Peace Prize, Peres’ Medal of Freedom, Sarsak’s Starvation in Indefinite Detention
- Amerika: Neither Land of the Free Nor Home of the Brave
- NDAA 2012 Codified Indefinite Detention. Now NDAA 2013 Legalizes Domestic Propaganda.
- Julian Assange in Court on Wednesday … Hillary Clinton in Sweden on Sunday … Rally4JA 5/30-31!
- Americans Have Three Choices In November: Bushbamney, Third-Party or Nobody
- Owned & Operated + The Point & Why We Must Get To It
- Seven Ways Apple Is Fleecing The American Sheeple
- Is AT&T U-verse Serving The People Or Fleecing The Sheeple?
- Occupy Bohemian Grove: State of the Counterculture Union Address 2012 by Dr. Ryan Bartek
- Is 99% Spring Co-Opting Occupy Wall Street Into The Corporate-Controlled Two-Party System?
- World War Web Advisory #7: Anonymous Has Been Occupied
- JOBS Act of 2012: Will H.R. 3606 Jumpstart Our Business Startups Or Open The Crowdfunding Fraud Floodgates?
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Advises We Must End Too Big to Fail – Now!
- World War Web Advisory #6: NSA Big Brother Utah Data Center To Achieve “Total Information Awareness” By September 2013
- “WMDs in Iraq: Oh My!” Said Bush to BFF Blair in ’03. “ICBMs in Iran: Oh No!” Says Obama to BFF Cameron in ’12.
- If You Vote in Elections or Sign Online Petitions, Are You Making a Difference or Wasting Your Time?
- One Percenter Erin Burnett: OutFront Corporate Fascist and Iran War Drumbeater
- Outlawing the Occupy Movement: H.R. 347 Makes Free Speech A Felony
- In Post-NDAA Amerika, What is a Terrorist and Who Can Make You Disappear by Calling You One?
- Fascism Anyone? The 14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism by Dr. Lawrence Britt
- World War Web Advisory #5: CyberWar: First SOPA/PIPA/PCIPA/S2105, Now HR2096/HR3523/HR3674/S1152/S2111