NDAA 2013: Drones, Permanent War And Indefinite Detention Without Charge Or Trial For American Citizens On American Soil
While mainstream media keeps the Sheeple distracted with Christmas classics and inconsistent reporting about killings in Connecticut, Amerika’s corporate fascist puppet Congress quietly hacks away at habeus corpus.
“In recent decades we have lost sight of the historic achievement that empowered the individual. The religious, legal and political roots of this great achievement are no longer reverently taught in high schools, colleges and universities or respected by our government. The voices that reach us through the millennia and connect us to our culture are being silenced by ‘political correctness’ and ‘the war on terror.’ Prayer has been driven from schools and Christian religious symbols from public life. Constitutional protections have been diminished by hegemonic political ambitions. Indefinite detention, torture, and murder are now acknowledged practices of the United States government. The historic achievement of due process has been rolled back. Tyranny has re-emerged.”–Paul Craig Roberts
“Over the past two years, the Obama administration has been secretly developing a new blueprint for pursuing terrorists, a next-generation targeting list called the ‘disposition matrix’… Although the matrix is a work in progress, the effort to create it reflects a reality setting in among the nation’s counterterrorism ranks: The United States’ conventional wars are winding down, but the government expects to continue adding names to kill or capture lists for years… The Obama administration has touted its successes against the terrorist network, formally acknowledging for the first time the United States’ use of armed drones. Less visible is the extent to which Obama has institutionalized the highly classified practice of targeted killing, transforming ad-hoc elements into a counterterrorism infrastructure capable of sustaining a seemingly PERMANENT WAR.”–Greg Miller
“[T]he legal foundation for U.S. counterterrorism strategy is partially based on “the Congressional authorization to use military force” (AUMF) that was passed after 9/11… Specifically it seems to be based on an interpretation of the AUMF that was “reaffirmed” by the indefinite detention clause of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)… This explains why Obama is fighting so hard to keep the indefinite detention clause in effect… In court the government argued that the indefinite detention clause is simply a “reaffirmation” of the Authorization Use Of Military Force (AUMF), which gives the president authority “to use all necessary and appropriate force against those … [who] aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001 or harbored such organizations or persons.” In the NDAA lawsuit, the government argued that the NDAA §1021 is simply an ‘affirmation’ or ‘reaffirmation’ of the AUMF… But the NDAA adds language to the AUMF when it says ‘The President also has the authority to detain persons who were part of or substantially supported, Taliban or al-Qaida forces or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, INCLUDING ANY PERSON WHO HAS COMMITTED A BELLIGERENT ACT, or has directly supported hostilities, in the aid of such enemy forces.’ That extra part is what Judge Katherine Forrest ruled unconstitutionally vague.”–Michael Kelley
“It may seem like imprisoning an American citizen without charges or trial transgresses against the United States Constitution and basic norms of Western justice dating back to the Magna Carta… It may seem like reiterating the right to due process contained in the 5th Amendment would be uncontroversial… It may seem like a United States senator would be widely ridiculed for suggesting that American citizens can be imprisoned indefinitely without chargers or trial, and that if numerous U.S. senators took that position, the press would treat the issue with at least as much urgency as “the fiscal cliff” or the possibility of a new assault weapons bill or likely nominees for Cabinet posts… It may seem like the American citizens who vocally fret about the importance of adhering to the text of the Constitution would object as loudly as anyone to the prospect of indefinite detention… But it isn’t so.”–Conor Friedersdorf
“Lawmakers charged with merging the House and Senate versions of the National Defense Authorization Act decided on Tuesday to drop a provision that would have explicitly barred the military from holding American citizens and permanent residents in indefinite detention without trial as terrorism suspects, according to Congressional staff members familiar with the negotiations.”–Charlie Savage
“Over the past year I and other plaintiffs including Noam Chomsky and Daniel Ellsberg have pressed a lawsuit in the federal courts to nullify Section 1021(b)(2) of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). This egregious section, which permits the government to use the military to detain U.S. citizens, strip them of due process and hold them indefinitely in military detention centers, could have been easily fixed by Congress. The Senate and House had the opportunity this month to include in the 2013 version of the NDAA an unequivocal statement that all U.S. citizens would be exempt from 1021(b)(2), leaving the section to apply only to foreigners. But restoring due process for citizens was something the Republicans and the Democrats, along with the White House, refused to do. The fate of some of our most basic and important rights—ones enshrined in the Bill of Rights as well as the Fourth and Fifth amendments of the Constitution—will be decided in the next few months in the courts. If the courts fail us, a gulag state will be cemented into place.”–Chris Hedges
“Treat any #GOV agent or #LEO who enters your premises to detain you under #NDAA as an armed intruder.”–VVV PR
H.R. 4310 (eas) – National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 [WARNING: NOT UPDATED IN REAL TIME]:
Tags: ndaa, ndaa2013, ndaa 2013, hr4310, hr 4310, h.r.4310, h.r. 4310, national defense authorization act, indefinite detention, suspension of habeus corpus, bill of rights, u.s. constitution, amerika, kleptocracy, fascists, tyranny, corporate fascism, political corruption, congress, senate, political puppets, obama, odrona, bushbama, sheeple, cowards, anonymous, ows, global revolution, texas secede, 9-11 truth, false flag terrorism, israel, drones, iraq, afghanistan, pakistan, yemen, syria, iran, war profiteering, military industrial complex, terrorism industrial complex, prison industrial complex, gulag, permanent war
Time Magazine has selected a mass murderer as Person of the Year for 2012:
Drone strikes approved by corporate fascist puppet president Barack Obama kill 49 innocents for every 1 “suspected terrorist” they hit.
When drones fly children die, and the American Sheeple who do nothing to stop it are as guilty of murder as their “elected” leaders.
Tags: drone strikes, murder, genocide, drones, false flag terrorism, guns, gun control, newtown, hypocrisy, obama, bushbama, odrona, war profiteering, corporate fascism, military industrial complex, kleptocracy, time magazine, person of the year, media manipulation, mass hypnosis, manufactured consent, nobel peace prize, farce
2012 election, 2012 elections, anonymous, bushbama, bushbamney, corporate fascism, corporate greed, democratic party, democrats, demopublicans, elections, global revolution, gop, judicial overrides, kleptocracy, manufactured consent, obama, obamney, obomney, occupy movement, occupy wall street, odrona, ows, plutocracy, police state, political corruption, politics, predetermined outcomes, puppet politicians, republican party, republicans, republicrats, revolution, rigged elections, rigged voting machines, romney, sheeple, two party duopoly, two party tyranny, vote, vote for nobody, voter, voters, voters guide, voting
#2012election, #2012elections, #anonymous, #bushbama, #bushbamney, #fascism, #greed, #democrats, #demopublicans, #elections, #globalrevolution, #kleptocracy, #gop, #obama, #obamney, #obomney, #occupy, #occupywallstreet, #occupywallst, #odrona, #ows, #corruption, #politics, #politicians, #plutocracy, #republicans, #republicrats, #revolution, #rigged elections, #romney, #sheeple, #vote, #votefornobody, #voter, #voters, #voting
Links to Individual Slide Images
- Web Design Miami Florida on the High Price of Free Email: veritasvirtualvengeance.com/2013/10/12/web… 2 months ago
- #Clueless #kudos 4 #Fascist stooge #Sensenbrenner who sponsored but didn't author 64K-word #UsaPatriotAct 4 new #TrojanHorse: #UsaFreedomAct 2 months ago
- #MilitaryIndustrialComplex #Puppets - #Republicans AND #Democrats - stage fake #GovernmentShutdown to mask #WWIII getting staged in #Syria. 2 months ago
- Like #FEMA in #NYC day B4 9/11 were #Israel commandos deployed to #Nairobi #Kenya B4 the attack? #Westgate #FalseFlag slate.com/blogs/the_worl… 2 months ago
- "#Terrorist" link between #AlQaeda & #alShabaab is both squat to shit. "#Islamist" link to #Iran for #alShabab is rhyme with #ShishKabob. 2 months ago
Corporate Greed Chronicles
- AUMF Hunger Strike Enters Day 50
- Boston Marathon Scare: Our Terrorism Abroad Washes Back Ashore
- AUMF Hunger Strike Enters 15th Day
- Authorization for Use of Military Force … On YOU
- “The 99%” Redefined: 99 Percent of Americans Know Little About the Dangers of AUMF 2001 & NDAA 2012
- AUMF Hunger Strike Called to Demand Repeal of 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force
- AUMF 2001 Imperial Presidency Is The Disease. NDAA 2012 Indefinite Detention Is Only One Symptom.
- AUMF: Authorization for Use of Military Force For Grandparents
- Repeal AUMF Now! 16 Slides To Show You Why. 16 Steps To Tell You How.
- Repeal AUMF: H.R. 198 Repeal of the Authorization for Use of Military Force
- NDAA 2013: Drones, Permanent War And Indefinite Detention Without Charge Or Trial For American Citizens On American Soil
- Time Magazine Selects Mass Murderer As Person Of The Year 2012
- Gun Control? Let’s Make That Weapons Control.
- 2012 Voter Guide for Demopublicans and Republicrats
- Trapwire: Spying On YOU. Predicting YOUR Moves.
- Parents of Multi-Chem Marketing Coordinator In Fight Against Halliburton Fracking?
- NDAA 2012 Update: Odrona Demands Dismissal Of Section 1021 Injunction
- Dissent Without Permission: Will Protest Permits & Free Speech Zones Halt Or Hasten Rebellion?
- Multi-Chem: Less Bragging About Fracking?
- Divide and Conquer in America – 2012! (A Poem of Protest by a 74-Year-Old Great-Grandmother)
- World War Web Advisory #8: Odrona The Indefinite Detainer Issues Internet Executive Order (#EPCF)
- Multi-Chem & The Insanity Of Letting The Frackers Do It Again
- Project Mayhem 2012: Re-Evolution Or New Age Ghost Dance?
- Who Benefits from Obamacare? Democrats, Republicans & the Corporations that Control Both Parties.
- SCOTUS Obamacare Decision Makes Individual Mandate A Fact & Universal Healthcare Coverage A Fiction
- Many American Bikers Suffer From Sensenbrenner Syndrome. Do You?
- Baluchistan: Next Stop In Corporate Fascist Amerika’s War-For-Profit Tour?
- TPP FTA (TPPA): Trans-Pacific Partnership Free Trade Agreement Subordinates Nations (And People) To Corporations
- Undeserved: Bushbamney’s Nobel Peace Prize, Peres’ Medal of Freedom, Sarsak’s Starvation in Indefinite Detention
- Amerika: Neither Land of the Free Nor Home of the Brave
- NDAA 2012 Codified Indefinite Detention. Now NDAA 2013 Legalizes Domestic Propaganda.
- Julian Assange in Court on Wednesday … Hillary Clinton in Sweden on Sunday … Rally4JA 5/30-31!
- Americans Have Three Choices In November: Bushbamney, Third-Party or Nobody
- Owned & Operated + The Point & Why We Must Get To It
- Seven Ways Apple Is Fleecing The American Sheeple
- Is AT&T U-verse Serving The People Or Fleecing The Sheeple?
- Occupy Bohemian Grove: State of the Counterculture Union Address 2012 by Dr. Ryan Bartek
- Is 99% Spring Co-Opting Occupy Wall Street Into The Corporate-Controlled Two-Party System?
- World War Web Advisory #7: Anonymous Has Been Occupied
- JOBS Act of 2012: Will H.R. 3606 Jumpstart Our Business Startups Or Open The Crowdfunding Fraud Floodgates?
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Advises We Must End Too Big to Fail – Now!
- World War Web Advisory #6: NSA Big Brother Utah Data Center To Achieve “Total Information Awareness” By September 2013
- “WMDs in Iraq: Oh My!” Said Bush to BFF Blair in ’03. “ICBMs in Iran: Oh No!” Says Obama to BFF Cameron in ’12.
- If You Vote in Elections or Sign Online Petitions, Are You Making a Difference or Wasting Your Time?
- One Percenter Erin Burnett: OutFront Corporate Fascist and Iran War Drumbeater
- Outlawing the Occupy Movement: H.R. 347 Makes Free Speech A Felony
- In Post-NDAA Amerika, What is a Terrorist and Who Can Make You Disappear by Calling You One?
- Fascism Anyone? The 14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism by Dr. Lawrence Britt
- World War Web Advisory #5: CyberWar: First SOPA/PIPA/PCIPA/S2105, Now HR2096/HR3523/HR3674/S1152/S2111